Hello again! I recently went to New York City and I thought I would do a post sharing with you my favorite restaurants and shopping spots. New York is in my top 3 of favorite places to visit. The shopping, the food, the history… there’s just so much to see! I also thought I could sneak in a little outfit post at the same time, enjoy!
Let’s talk about food first. My family plans our trips around the restaurants we want to visit. Is that weird? Probably so. There has only been a couple things that I didn’t like, but here are my favorite restaurants and my favorites at each one.
- City kitchen Food Hall: I went here my second time visiting New York and fell in love. It’s basically an up-scale food court and they have anything you could ever want. My favorite thing there is Kuro Obi and I get the spicy ramen. I had never been a ramen fan, but this changed my life!
- Jacob’s Pickles: This is such a neat place. The decor and service are outstanding, but mainly the food is delicious! My favorite thing is the sausage biscuits and gravy, but I also love the southern BLT! And also, make sure you get the Mac and Cheese and the signature Saranac root beer!
- Hudson Eats: at the Brookfield Place Mall: We stopped by here because my Mom had heard great reviews. The reviews definitely did not disappoint! Two things tie for first for me! The shrimp tempura roll at Blue Ribbon Sushi and the Cali Burger at Umami Burger are both seriously so good. Also the mall there is one of my favorite places to shop!
- Tony’s Di Napoli: My family went here the first time we visited NY. I absolutely loved the Parmigiana Chicken. Also, be aware that the plates are family size portions!
- Plaza Food Hall: Anytime you visit NY, you have to visit the Plaza Hotel! The food hall which is downstairs is no exception. Like the City Kitchen and Hudson Eats, it’s basically a very nice food court. I love these because you and whoever you’re traveling with can order what they’re in the mood for. My favorites there are the lobster roll from Luke’s Lobster and the rock and roll sushi roll from Sabi Sushi!
Now the really good stuff: Bakeries!!
- Ladurée Soho: If you like macarons, or if you have ever wanted to try them, you have to visit the adorable place. The raspberry and pistachio macarons will always be my favorite! Also, stay for tea and sit outside, the landscaping is beautiful.
- Georgetown Cupcakes: If you like cupcakes, and who doesn’t? You have to try this place. I ordered the coffee cookies and creme and it was seriously the best cupcake I have ever eaten… and sadly, I have eaten a lot.
- Insomnia cookies: These are literally the softest, chewiest, cookies. My mind was blown. The snicker doodle was my favorite, of course!
Now shopping… We all know that I am very interested in that topic, and NY is the one of the best places for shopping! Here are my favorites!
- Cap Beauty: This quaint little organic beauty store is my favorite shop in NY. I actually accidentally walked upon this store when me and my boyfriend were walking around the area shopping. They have all of my favorite brands including May Lindstrom, Kypris, One Love Organics, and more.
- Soho: This is a shopping district that carries everything from Chanel to Loft. I love just walking around the area!
- Brookfield Place Mall: This mall carries mainly high-end stores, but I like to just browse. It’s a beautiful mall, so even a pleasure to just walk around, especially around the holidays because of the ice skating rink!