Most everyone knows that coconut oil has a ton of uses. It seems like if I google a remedy for something, COCONUT OIL comes up. It really does have some amazing benefits. I’ll start off by saying that my favorite is the Nature’s Way Extra Virgin, Organic, Cold Pressed Coconut Oil. I purchase mine from Vitacost usually, but Whole Foods also carries it. Vitacost sells it for 50% off. It’s $7.99 for 16 oz, so it is definitely affordable.
Let’s go ahead and get into my favorite 5 uses for coconut oil!
- Body Moisturizer— Coconut Oil is outstanding for the skin! My favorite way to use it is in the shower. Once I am done showering, I just massage it all over my body while I’m still wet. I hate putting lotion on because it can be annoying and time-consuming to rub in. Applying it in the shower takes hardly any time, and still leaves the skin so soft and moisturized.
- Shaving Oil— Since trying coconut oil to shave with, I haven’t used a cream in a few years! Everyone should definitely try this out, I can guarantee that you will love it!
- Facial Cleanser– I use Coconut Oil as a cleanser quite a bit. I massage it onto my face in circular and upward motions. Don’t forget to also massage your neck! I have been doing this off and on, because I have been seeing beauty guru’s talk about how beneficial it is for your skin. If you don’t know where to start Lisa Eldridge has a very informative video on YouTube titled “My Facial Massage Routine“.
- Hair Treatment– I basically drench my hair and scalp in coconut oil and tie it up loosely in a top knot if I don’t have anything to do that day. Most people prefer to do it over night, and that works great too, but I prefer doing it through the day. It is absolutely excellent for hair growth. Also, if you have a dry or itchy scalp, it works wonders. It makes your hair shiny and more healthy as well.
- Oil Pulling– I don’t do this as often as I should, but I have been planning to start doing it more. I take spoonful of coconut oil and swish it around in my mouth for around 10 minutes. I have seen people recommend 20 minutes, but I don’t think I could make it that long. The consistency is very strange at first, but it melts completely in a few seconds. Oil Pulling gives you whiter teeth, a healthier mouth, stronger gums, and better breath! The different taste is so worth it!
I hope you all enjoyed my top 5 uses for coconut oil! If you have any other uses that you love, leave them in the comments below. I love coconut oil, so I am always wanting to learn more uses for it. Have a great day, everyone!